Thursday, March 25, 2010

a verbal response to Mykaila's solo gifted by Bianca

In Love With Something New

I stood, not knowing what to do, so afraid but not showing it, was I showing it?
So this is what it feels like, I remembered, to be in love with something new.
Just loving every little life force, every moment making me.
This wouldn't happen if not for me, and if not for her,
And she was dancing, dancing her, dancing me, dancing us.
Bending, swooping, hopping, And with every little imperfection of mine,
Every moment I live through, I want to be.
She's known me for ever, she's known me for never,
She's my best friend and I barely know her.

How do we live through when we don't know the beginning or end?
How is this only yours? Only ours? With everyone around us? What makes this special?
I don't know, I don't know. How will this end? When?
Friends, some kind of comrades, we're brothers.
This was us, this was something real. Real from beginning to end.
Was it planned? Everything I thought I believed says no but I think I might have found god.
What if I did? What if it was fate? What if it was written?
Maybe if nothing else in the world was planned, that was.

I've never believed in Meant to Be, but I cannot believe in Random now.

----------------
My journal on the experience can be found here, on the Teen Tix Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment