Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dianne Responds To Aaron's Solo

....connection.....connection to self.....connection to other....connection to the natural world.....receptive.....emerging.....connecting.....unfolding.....surrender.....these were the themes of my dance,
themes I saw and felt in every gesture Aaron made. I could speak of these, could speak of how he curled on the rock in the middle of the reflecting pool, could speak of how he stood haltingly and opened, could speak of the feathers tied to his ankle and how they floated on the surface of the water. But what has captured my attention more than these, is the moment when the security guard came over and said we were on private property and that what Aaron was doing had to stop. Why would this capture my attention? Because, in the face of what is emerging in me - a deeper level of my feminine being, a complete re-orientation of what it means to be a woman on an emotional/sexual/spiritual level - I almost always feel "at risk" and vulnerable. The question I am living is "how do I live with/expose a deeper level of my feminine knowing despite the real fears of it being attacked, controlled and/or violated?" So, there it was, mySelf unfolding in Aaron's every gesture while, in the background, KT was speaking with the security guard who wanted to control what was happening. And there was real beauty in that moment....While continuing to watch Aaron, I heard KT's voice - quiet, non-defensive - and I felt her gentleness even as she was requesting that we be allowed to continue. When it was clear that Aaron had to remove himself from the reflecting pool, KT walked over, beckoned to him (at this point, KT became part of the dance), took his hand, and together, they walked along the edge of the pool until Aaron stood facing me. These are the questions I am left with: Am I willing to continue to expose my vulnerability? Am I willing to step into the light of a new consciousness? Am I willing to give up power and dominance and make room for a deeper wisdom that is connected to the sacred in life? Am I willing to forge a new link of love through my heart to the hearts of the whole of humanity?" Thank you, Aaron, and Lingo for this unique opportunity.


Dianne Grob

1 comment: