Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Running From the Cops (My solo gifted by Bianca)

You know those days that you just don't feel like crawling out of bed and throwing on your war paint? Well, I was having one of those this morning. Then I remembered, today I was going to receive a solo performance from a complete stranger. With this in mind, I was able to drag my ass the long distance (1.5 blocks) from my
apartment to the performance location.

Although I had nothing to do, other than enjoy, I was a little nervous. Kind of like a blind date, but in this case one that I had revealed things to via Facebook messaging that people I've slept with have never known. Very intense, and left me in a bit of a sweaty condition upon arriving at Broadway Market.

All the anxiety was for not. Bianca and her posse were just what the doctor ordered. The original plan was to have the piece performed in the Market, but it was decided that outside on the sidewalk was probably a safer option. Cardboard was laid down and boombox was cranked. It was time to receive my dance.

I loved the 5 tracks chosen and found Bianca's movement intense while simultaneously hilarious. Bringing me in by having me select the order of the music was a fun surprise and got me more engaged than it may have had I been purely an observer. Finishing off with a run (possibly from the cops)hand in hand with Bianca was a perfect ending. I look forward to seeing the photobooth shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment