Monday, April 26, 2010

Ricki and Justin

Dear Ricki and KT Niehoff Dance Company,

Thank you so much for creating such a glorious personal spectacle for me. During your performance, I felt like I normally do at the library, but you were the muse alive, like my imaginary friend. I knew others could see you but I had the impression that you were a piece of my subconscious that is always there. It was touchstone to my everyday experience. The experience has given me a cornerstone to continue to explore my own body as a medium to create art everyday. I am successfully integrated and incorporated into the contemporary work that you and the KT Niehoff dance group are creating now. I hope I can come and see the show. Personal time warp and transformative effect was achieved in the process and the solo for me by my account. Thank you again, KT Niehoff, all the company, and you Ricki, for being such explorers of modern dance.

Cheers,
Justin


Dear Justin,
When the solo ended, you said "that was imaginary!" I loved that response so much -- not only did it make me feel like the experience was magical, but also that it was the right kind of magical for YOU, I love the idea that you felt like it could have come from YOUR imagination. Performing for (and with!) you was delightful. I felt seen, and safe, and part of a greater experience you were having. I was aware that you were drinking in not only my dancing, but also the architecture, the light, the art, the music and sounds, the other library patrons, your own rhythms and tempos and instincts. Thank you for sharing with me.

Truly,
Ricki Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment